Sunday, March 2, 2008

Thing 7 - Web Communications Tools: which make person to person or group to group communication easier. Example of the communications I use are: email (I have two addresses, personal and work), internet, intranet, text. I am an avid email user both for personal use and work related. We have the intranet which is our region wide communication source. I think it is an excellent option for any organization to have. After going through the videos and articles I have found that there are ways that I can save time while using on-line communication such as, getting rid of emails I am not going to be answering. Answering the ones I want to right away instead of putting them off. I like text messaging a lot and do it quite frequently from my personal cell phone but do not use it here at work. I also think that Web conferencing use here at LARL would be an excellent way to save time and money. There is a lot of driving between libraries in the region and Web conferencing use could really cut down on driving time and milage expenses.

1 comment:

GGalles said...

You have posted some great ideas for use in libraries and personal life as you have explored 23 things.

I really need to figure out the shelfini thing.

I have found that young adults in our school barely use email - text messaging is their preferred means of communcation. Plus it is a piece of hardware that is always available.

Web conferencing is a great way to bring people together without the travel.

Keep working on the 23 things.